Monday, January 18, 2010

List Mania

Okay, so this is old.
But I figure if I posted it before, way back in the way back, nobody will probably remember anyhow. I know I don't.

And admittedly it's just a little begged, borrowed and ... all right, maybe stolen.

But I don't think Unkawill will mind.

Everything bolded - I have done:

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink

02. Swam with wild dolphins

03. Climbed a mountain - drove through a few

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive

05. Been inside the Great Pyramid

06. Held a tarantula

07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (and shower); come to think of it that might have been with the same someone

08. Said “I love you” and meant it - Haven't we all?

09. Hugged a tree - that's me; a reformed tree hugger

10. Bungee jumped - absolutely, positively no desire

11. Visited Paris - once upon a time; and I have the pictures to prove it!

12. Watched a lightning storm - or two or three dozen

13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise.

14. Seen the Northern Lights
- whaddya expect? I live in Canada for heaven's sake

15. Gone to a huge sports game.

16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa

17. Grown and eaten your vegetables - my mother was a gardener, she was

18. Touched an iceberg

19. Slept under the stars - ah, there's nothing like passing out in your tent in Greece

20. Changed a baby’s diaper - changed way too many baby diapers

21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - now that would be cool

22. Watched a meteor shower - Hell, I've always just wanted to see a meteor. Even one.

23. Gotten drunk on champagne - I was a cheap drunk in high school (and beyond) - Andre Baby Canadian champagne ... is that stuff even real champagne??

24. Given more than you can afford to charity - on more than one occasion. Which reminds me, it's something I should be doing again.

25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - Not me but I had a roommate who was a lot like that

27. Had a food fight.

28 Bet on a winning horse.

29. Asked out a stranger - does just picking one up count?

30. Had a snowball fight

31.Screamed as loudly as you possibly can -
I do that often; usually in the car but last year, it was just walking down the street

32. Held a lamb

33. Seen a total eclipse

34. Ridden a roller coaster -
I hate roller coasters but my brother loves them and always managed to talk me into going with him when we were kids. And sitting in the back seat.

35. Hit a home run

36. Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking - yeah, that's my standard dancing move

37. Adopted an accent for an entire day

38 Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - many, many times. I just wish those moments weren't so fleeting.

39. Had two hard drives for your computer

40. Visited all 50 states - haven't even made all 10 provinces.

41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - and most of those people have returned the favour.

42. Had amazing friends -
lucky there; I still do

43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - danced (like a fool) with many strangers in many foreign countries; did I ever mention my trip to Europe after my first year of college?

44. Watched whales - now this is ridiculous, I only live a couple of hours away from where they go whale watching and I've never made it. Yet.

45. Stolen a sign - I'm sorry, I think maybe it was a Yield sign. But I had accomplices help.

46. Backpacked in Europe - see above

47. Taken a road-trip - many as a kid with my family and the most recent in 2006 when Mom, the kids and I drove to Florida. Yep, that's right. Drove.

48. Gone rock climbing

49. Midnight walk on the beach - I'm sure I did this in Europe, but in all honesty I was too drunk to really remember

50. Gone sky diving - and we all know how that turned out!

51. Visited Ireland

52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - ah, my life story

53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them - oh the things I have done with strangers; just don't tell my children, please!

54. Visited Japan

55. Milked a cow - shameful'; me being a Prairie girl and all

56. Alphabetized your CDs And cassettes and albums and Books - repeat after me: Too. Much. Time. On. Your. Hands.

57. Pretended to be a superhero - still do on occasion. But that's our little secret.

58. Sung karaoke

59. Lounged around in bed all day - God, how I wish I could. This would be (one of) my fantasies.

60. Played touch football - with our dog, a collie-wolf mix

61. Gone scuba diving - snorkeling?

62. Kissed in the rain

63. Played in the mud

64. Played in the rain -
I think I see a theme going here

65. Gone to a drive-in theater -DUH!

66. Visited the Great Wall of China

67. Started a business - I guess, assuming that's what I have at the moment

68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken -Yeah, how do you do that?

69. Toured ancient sites

70. Taken a martial arts class

71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight - how's about Never Played D&D??

72. Gotten married - Been there, done that, doing that

73. Been in a movie

74. Crashed a party - or two or three. And been kicked out of two or three.

75. Gotten divorced - I suppose I should try not to put that on my to do list

76. Gone without food for 5 days - now that would be improvement, I'm sure!

77. Made cookies from scratch - hey, I have kids ... whaddya expect?!

78. Won first prize in a costume contest - when I was 10

79. Ridden a gondola in Venice - tres cool

80. Gotten a tattoo - No, but I've went to the Tatoo

81. Rafted the Snake River

82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” - I've often said that I play a lawyer on TV; does that count??

83. Gotten flowers for no reason - are you kidding? I have enough trouble getting flowers when there is a reason

84. Performed on stage

85. Been to Las Vegas

86. Recorded music

87. Eaten shark

88. Kissed on the first date - Yeah, about that. Probably not the best idea.

89. Gone to Thailand

90. Bought a house

91. Been in a combat zone - does my basement count?

92. Buried one/both of your parents

93. Been on a cruise ship

94. Spoken more than one language fluently

95. Performed in Rocky Horror

96. Raised children - actually better make that "Raising children"

97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour

98. Passed out cold - thank God it didn't ask for a number!

99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country

100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - no, but I am considering something like that at the moment

101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge

102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking

103. Had plastic surgery

104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived

105. Wrote articles for a large publication

106. Lost over 100 pounds - I suppose if you added up the lost and gains maybe

107. Held someone while they were having a flashback

108. Piloted an airplane - Microsoft Flight Simulator?? Shall we count crashes??

109. Touched a stingray

110. Broken someone’s heart

111. Helped an animal give birth

112. Won money on a T.V. game show

113. Broken a bone

114. Gone on an African photo safari

115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears

116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - no, but I would like to

117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild

118. Ridden a horse - It's not fair; I was horse crazy as a kid; would have killed to own one. Now I pay to give my daughter riding lessons. While I sit there and watch.

119. Had major surgery

120. Had a snake as a pet

121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - I was at the Grand Canyon. Once. Briefly.

122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - if only!

123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states - sure but in my case, that's probably not that big of an accomplishment.

124. Visited all 7 continents

125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days

126. Eaten kangaroo meat

127. Eaten sushi - on the to do list

128. Had your picture in the newspaper - I'm famous, I tell ya, famous!

129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - I would like to think so but ...

130. Gone back to school - for a while there, it felt like I was never going to leave school

131. Parasailed - would be nifty

132. Touched a cockroach - yuck; no thanks

133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - hate fried tomatoes; green or otherwise

134. Read The Iliad - Now why would I want to go and do that??!!

135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read

136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Haven't quite made it to Sarah Palin status yet
;-)

137. Skipped all your school reunions - So far... but there is a Law School one coming up this fall...

138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - That can work fairly well. Or be an absolute unmitigated disaster!

139. Been elected to public office - I did consider running for the school board once upon a time.

140. Written your own computer language

141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - long, long ago in a land far, far away

142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - something very similar, with Mom

143. Built your own PC from parts

144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you

145. Had a booth at a street fair Gun Shows,Flea Markets - no, but I've bought a lot of junk at that. Actually they're great places to buy books (the flea markets, not the gun shows)

146. Dyed your hair - do highlights count?

147. Been a DJ

148. Shaved your head

149. Caused a car accident - AR, AR, AR, no doubt a few more of those than I would care to admit

150. Saved someone’s life

So there you go. Now you know.

No comments: