Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

That's right - today's my birthday!

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

What's that?  Oh, yes, of course.

Ahem. 29.  Again.

Still. Whatever ... I'm 29.  Honest.  Trust me!

All right, that's enough of that.  Time to move on.  Nothing else to see here.

So what did I do on this most ostentatious day of days, you ask.

Well, I'm pleased to report first on what I didn't do.  I didn't work. At all. Not one iota.  Friday is generally the day I go to Halifax to work so I am pleased to say that this week I didn't.

What I did do, well it may not sound like much, but I consider it a rather productive and positive day.  I met this morning with the Executive Director of the early intervention group that had contacted me about a speaking engagement.  So we set up the details for that presentation which will be in November.  And I am pleased to say that I am now booked for my very first paid speaking engagement ... which is kind of cool.

This afernoon I was off to another meeting, this one with my husband in connection with his Continuing Saga.  The meeting was quite positive, I think we might actually be making some progress.  I would could go into the details but ... nah, it's a long, stupid (albeit very stressful) story.  Trust me, you will be happier not having read it.  Suffice to say that the meeting this afternoon was very positive and the woman we met with, Mary, was not only quite nice but it appears that she is already moving some things forward for us.  Things that no one else would could seem to move forward up until now. 

Have you ever noticed that it seem relatively easy for people to be "nice" but it's often quite another thing to find someone who is actually helpful?

This evening it was out to supper with the family and some friends.  Followed by an absolutely decadent dessert.  Courtesy of the house.  Which didn't hurt any at all.

Oh yeah, one more thing - would you believe I "won" a trip to Cancun today?

Yeah, I know, beware the dreaded "Push 1 to hear what you've won" phone call.  But a few years ago I "won" a trip to Florida, admission to Walt Disney World and a cruise to the Bahamas. All online.  It was one of those "listen to our two speils where we try to convince you to buy time shares" deals.  And although it wasn't quite as appealing as it initially sounded, it really wasn't a bad trip. The only problem real with these "prizes" being that they tend not to include airfare.  Which is no slight consideration when you happen to hail from the Great White Up.

Still, I took the plunge and purchased my four person 7 day/6 night stay at a Cacun resort for the low price of $349.00.  And then purchased a second one (a carbon copy of the same deal) for a mere $99.  My original plan was to sell the second one to my brother since I know he has been planning on taking a trip to Mexico anyway.  Although the Kit Kat  pointed out that perhaps I should sell him the first one and keep the $99 one for myself.

Smart kid that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

29 yrs old and still going strong... BTW, how old is Jess ??

LOL

Happy B'Day Michelle !!

Anonymous said...

Happy b'day! Hope your day was great.

Cancun eh? You brave gal.

Kris, in New England said...

Aw I missed it! Happy Day to you! Great news about the "continuing saga" - positive movement is never a bad thing; just wish it would be faster sometimes!