Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Miracle

I believe.

You might recall (well assuming I have any semi-regular readers left, that is) that a little over a year ago my husband lost his job of 15 years.

Which might lead one to question what, exactly, would happen a year later when his EI benefits ran out. Well, that's exactly what we were wondering too. Especially considering I only* work part-time and it was a struggle to keep it afloat even with EI.

But then this past Friday (the very last day for his EI claim), he started a new job. Hence the name of this post.

Now is that timing or ... a miracle?

True enough, it's not much more than minimum wage pay but it's full-time and we're certainly not complaining. In fact, we're actually doing a little (extremely fiscally-responsible) celebrating.

And I'm happy to say that I've taken up a new hobby now too. Nope, you will never guess .... Breathing! I know, who would have thunk it? Breathe in ... breathe out ... nice deep breaths. (Thanks, Pogue!)

So now that I can actually breathe a teeny tiny bit and seeing as how we were just speaking of celebrating, I was wondering if maybe I should decorate ye olde blog a little for Christmas. I mean I always do every other year, right?

So, let's see, maybe if I put this here and move that there and buy a new ...

* Although it feels like pretty much full-time + trying to get this new business off the ground. What between the paperwork, the workshops, the two-day "Core Training" ... gee, I have the feeling I'm forgetting something but I can't for the life of me remember .... Oh yeah, right! Then there's the whole actual running the business part!

3 comments:

Pogue said...

That's great news Michelle! Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a better new year! :-)

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Thanks, Pogue! A very Merry Christmas to you too! :))

Kris, in New England said...

I'm a little behind here however my words carry the same meaning: congratulations to the husband and family. This is such great news, especially at this time of year.

So, while your extremely fiscally responsible celebrating will commence, you will be ... celebrating.

Woo Hoo!